I simply do not feel like writing today. And even though I conceptually love Wordless Wednesday, silence does not fit the mood I have been in since I woke up either.
Happily I can avoid writing because one of my NaBloPoMo Rowmies, Jen, threw out an invitation. She is the genius writer behind Sips of Jen and Tonic. And for the record, her Avatar always make me smile–even today–when really I have not been fit for human interaction. At all.
Her invitation was to play the game, 5 Truths, 1 Lie. A game I formerly relied on (what feels like 100 years ago) when I was running new-hire-orientation trainings for Kinko’s Copies, then it was called an Ice Breaker and required fewer truths: 2 truths and a Lie.
The reason I haven’t felt like writing all day can be blamed on my aforementioned lazy/cranky mood. Do you ever have days like that? You almost want to go back to bed and start over?
When I get in a mood like this, everything bugs. And I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Here are a few examples in no particular order:
- My unsuspecting husband. Nice huh?… I know, I know, RETCHED wife award.
- Thankful posts on FB. Am I alone? Or am I alone in my snark filled cynical mood.
- Book Kickstarter emails. Before you mail me one of those? You best know how I feel about them. Unless I love you. Then (and only then) do so at your own risk.
- Inspirational quotes. Really? I need to feel this mood right now, be with it, it won’t last forever so please… do not try to motivate me out of it. Besides…since when is everyone on Twitter and Instagram the Dalai Lama?
- ME. My internal voice is the equivalent of a dental drill that has no off switch today. And let’s not forget that going to the dentist is among my greatest *fears. (*Flagrant HINT.)
So now that all of that is out of the way….if you are
still speaking to me reading my drivel and want to play, 5T’s+1L, have at it. And if someone roped, corralled, coerced, begged, encouraged you to participate in NaBloPoMo, then you may want to consider playing too. (Yes, the line, you may want to consider playing, is directed at you Miss Edee.)
Five of these things are true about me. One is not. Can you spot the Lie?
1). I love going to the beach and body surfing in the waves.
2). I consult my 8 Ball when I have yes and no questions.
3). I sold Avon products door to door while living in Olympia, Washington.
4). I have more fears than letters in my full legal name.
5). I was fired once for telling my boss to find his fucking spine.
6). I was named Wendy Bell at birth and called Wendy for 9 months.